Some things that have happened over the past few days:
– Went to Music Millennium to get my vinyl copy of the Decemberists’ The Hazards of Love signed by members of the band. Very weird experience, especially after making this video/song in response to this tweet by Colin Meloy, the lead singer. I couldn’t look him in the eyes for fear of catching a glimpse of recognition … That’s the guy who did “Linda”?
– After signing, proceeded to get completely trashed with my /orate friends at Paul’s house. Like, drunker than drunk. I’ll put it this way: I puked. For the first time since I was, oh, eleven. I am not proud of this whatsoever. In fact, it’s kind of infuriating. It was partially because I am used to parties with Keystone Light[1. Or other cheap, watery beers.]. It’s not hard to pack away a few of those in a night and not feel anything. But I was drinking good, strong beers, and I was drinking far too many of them. There is a video of us singing “The Rake’s Song” on YouTube but if you want to see it you’ll have to search it yourself, cause I sure as hell am not posting it. Regardless, I am so drunk I’m on the floor, semi passed out. Ugh, it makes my stomach churn just thinking about it. I had fun and I love my friends, but I refuse to be inebriated that much ever again (especially cause my dad reads my blog, for pete’s sake!).
– The next morning found me calling in sick to work[2. Obviously.]. I slept at Paul’s mom’s house, which is in the wilds of Gresham, and besides I was hungover. Now this would not have been a big deal whatsoever … except that my brother decided to head into the clinic that same day to get a check. So the following conversation occured:
BRO. Hey Boss, I’m here to get a check!
BOSS. Hi Josh’s brother! How’s Josh doing?
BRO. He’s great.
BOSS. GREAT, HUH?
BRO. Yeah, I mean, I guess he’s great ’cause he didn’t come home last night.
Meanwhile I’m at the Tin Shed on Alberta trying to determine if I really want to eat biscuits and gravy[3. I did. They were delicious.]. When I went to work the next morning I wasn’t sure if everyone knew I played “hooky”[4. I put quotes around that because I technically did not — I really was sick. Just not with a cold or the flu.]. This made the bus ride rather worrisome — would I be tested? Tricked with questions created to deceive? Led astray by the same people who hired me?
Instead I found out that no one else knew besides my boss, and she gave me lighthearted shit about it all day long. God I love my job so much[5. Though I will, of course, not play hooky again. Ever. Never ever.].
– This past weekend I traveled back to Boise, just to hang out and see my friends and family for a bit. It was a lot of fun, and a lot of really interesting things came from it. I saw a Snuggie for the first time ever. I wore said Snuggie, complete with a wig. I drank a lot. I also found out that I am an idiot and should’ve pursued a particular woman in the past, rather than shrinking back and being a socially awkward nerd. I couldn’t help it (at the time); I was broke and felt like a loser. Now I don’t feel like a loser at all but I am in Portland and she is in Boise. Ugh, it’s always something, isn’t it?
So, uh, if you’re reading this, dear lady, you know who you are and maybe you should move to Portland? That would be awesome? kthxbai
– Oh, and recently I released a free single that you can download. It’s called “Mary! (Get Frisky!)” and you can grab it from my other website. Here is a picture that you can click that will help guide you to a favorable destination:
– OH AND MY DAD HAS A BLOG! He is the coolest. Check it out! http://rockinjohnnyb.blogspot.com
Okay that’s all! Hooray!